Yield: 6 slices
- ½ lbs. asparagus, tough ends trimmed off
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tbsp. butter substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites or 5 large fresh egg whites
- 1 tbsp. 1 % milk
- 3 oz. shredded plan-based mozzarella style cheese
- 2 tbsp. percorino romano & parmesan blend, grated
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. 21 seasoning salute
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Trim asparagus and cut into ½ inch pieces on the diagonal. Steam for 3-4 minutes in the microwave.
- In a large bowl combine egg, egg whites, vegan cheese, milk, grated pecorino romano & parmesan blend cheese with pepper.
- Heat butter substitute in a skillet and add onion. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Stir in the asparagus and season with all the seasonings.
- Turn off the heat and pour egg mixture into the pan with the asparagus mixture.
- Place skillet into the oven. Bake for 16-18 minutes until just cooked through.
- Serve hot, cut into 6-8 equal wedges.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Protein (g): 11
Carbohydrates (g): 8
Total Fat (g): 8.5
Saturated Fat (g): 3.6
Cholesterol (mg): 98
Sodium (mg): 309
Potassium (mg): 222
Phosphorus (mg): 123
Calcium (mg): 103
Fiber (g): 1.3