(1 fajita per serving)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2″ strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced in 1/4″ strips
- 1 large red pepper, cored & sliced in 1/4″ strips
- Fajita spice mix:
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- Mix fajita spice mix in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, sauté pan or wok, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced peppers and ½ of fajita spice mix. Toss vegetables in mixture and cook until very tender. Remove from the pan and place in bowl.
- Add chicken and remaining spice mix to the pan and sauté until just done, approx. 8-10 min. Add onions and peppers back to the pan with the chicken.
- Turn off heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Protein (g): 25.6
Carbohydrates (g): 22.4
Fat (g): 9.4
Sodium (mg): 330
Potassium (mg): 317
Phosphorous (mg): 13