- 1 lb. fresh white fish fillets (bass, cod, halibut, etc.)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. capers, rinsed
- ½ each, medium green and red bell pepper, cut into rings
- Cut fish into 1.5-inch strips.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and lemon pepper.
- Cook fish in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn fish, add broth, tomato sauce and capers.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Top with pepper rings and cook 5 minutes longer, until fish flakes easily with a fork and peppers are tender.
Nutrition Information: (per 1 cup serving):
Carbohydrates (g): 3
Fat (g): 8
Phosphorus (mg): 203
Potassium (mg): 444
Protein (g): 25
Sodium (mg): 108