- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded, with peel
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup unsalted nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Then stir sugar, applesauce, zucchini and vanilla into eggs.
- In a medium bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture and combine just until blended, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into 16 slices.
Nutrition information (per slice):
Carbohydrates (g): 36
Fat (g): 6
Phosphorus (mg): 100
Potassium (mg): 224
Protein (g): 5
Sodium (mg): 37